Sri Vaikuntha Ekadashi – Tulasi Archana Seva
In the Bhagavad-Gita (Bg. 9.26), Lord Krishna says, "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it."
In this verse, the leaf especially refers to Tulasi which is very dear to Lord Krishna.
Glories of Tulasi Maharani:
- Tulasi Maharani is a great devotee of Lord Krishna. The Lotus feet of the Lord are always decorated with Tulasi leaves.
- It is stated in the scriptures that if one who offers even a single Tulasi leaf to Lord Krishna, he gets the benefit of offering all other varieties of flowers.
- Also by simply offering Tulasi to the Lord, one gets qualified to enter into His abode, Vaikuntha.
- Further, by worshipping Lord Krishna with Tulasi leaves, one can also release his ancestors from the bondage of birth and death.
- The Gautamiya-Tantra states that Sri Krishna, who is very affectionate towards His devotees, sells Himself to a devotee who merely offers a Tulasi leaf and a palmful of water.