ISKCON Bangalore Organizes
ಗೀತಾ ಜಯಂತಿ ಮಹೋತ್ಸವ 2020
Gita Jayanti Mahotsava 2020
Celebrating the advent of Srimad Bhagavad-gita
The auspicious day on which the Bhagavad-gita was revealed to Arjuna by Lord Krishna in the battlefield of Kurukshetra, 5000 years ago, is celebrated as the Gita Jayanti. To mark this special occasion, ISKCON Bangalore organizes various competitions and Gita chanting events for the students to show their talents, as a way of encouraging their interest in reading Gita.
ರಾಜ್ಯಮಟ್ಟದ ಭಗವದ್ಗೀತಾ ಪ್ರಬಂಧ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆ
Essay Writing Competition for the Students based on the book ‘Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa’
Students exhibit their writing skills by expressing their creative thoughts centered on the Gita in words. ISKCON Bangalore organizes such various competition all thru the year to provide scholarships for the outstanding students to help them pursue their further studies.
Interested candidates can apply for the competition by filling in their details in the registration form from the link at the bottom of this page.
Rules and Guidelines of the Essay Competition
Candidates should meet the given criteria for the Essay Writing Competition
Students pursuing pre-university course, under-graduates and post-graduate degree courses, aged between 16-25 years.
Topic for the essay:
- ನಮ್ಮೊಳಗಿನ ಅರ್ಜುನನನ್ನು ಜಾಗೃತಗೊಳಿಸುವುದು ಹೇಗೆ?
- “ಮಾಡಿದ್ದುಣ್ಣೋ ಮಹಾರಾಯ” – ಪಾಪ ಪುಣ್ಯಗಳನ್ನು ಮೀರಿ ಮೇಲೇರುವ ದಾರಿ.
- “ವಿಶ್ವಕ್ಕೆ ಭಾರತದ ಅತ್ಯುತ್ತಮ ಕೊಡುಗೆ ಭಗವದ್ಗೀತೆ!” ಈ ವಾಕ್ಯವನ್ನು ಸಮರ್ಥಿಸಿ.
- ಕರ್ಮಯೋಗ- ಕೃಷ್ಣಪ್ರಜ್ಞೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾರ್ಯ
- ಯೋಗದ ಪರಿಪೂರ್ಣತೆಯ ಅತ್ಯುನ್ನತ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನೆ – ಕೃಷ್ಣಪ್ರಜ್ಞೆ
- ಆಧುನಿಕ ಜೀವನಕ್ಕೆ ಭಗವದ್ಗೀತೆಯ ಸಂದೇಶ
- ಪುನರ್ಜನ್ಮ: ಸತ್ಯವೇ? ಕಟ್ಟುಕಥೆಯೆ?
- ಭಗವದ್ಗೀತೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಇರುವ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನದ ಕುರಿತು ಉಲ್ಲೇಖಿಸಿ.
Prizes and certificates:
The winning essays will get cash prizes. Additionally, all the participants will receive certificates. Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winners.
- 1st prize – Rs. 10,000/-
- 2nd prize – Rs. 7,000/-
- 3rd prize – Rs. 5,000/-
- Consolation (2 prizes) – Rs. 3,000/-
Structure of the essay competition:
- Participants should write their essay only based on ‘Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa’ by Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. (To download the e-copy, find the link at the bottom of this page)
- Citation must be strictly confined to ‘Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa’.
- The essays must be submitted in Kannada only.
- The Essay Competition entries shall have to be on any topic in the above list only.
- The completed essay should not be more than 1500 words. There is no minimum word limit; however, participants are encouraged to submit essays of not less than 800 words.
- At the very beginning of the essay, participants should provide information about their full name, email id, details about their institution and education.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- The sources or references should be mentioned in footnotes.
- Any philosophical points included in the essay must be in line with the teachings of Srila Prabhupada.
- One applicant can send one essay only.
- There is no entry/application fee for the competition.
Procedure for the written submissions:
- Registration is compulsory (link is given at the end). Make sure to fill in all your details in the submission form as this information will be used for further communication.
- The essays have to be sent by 10th January, 2021 at the latest, either in hard copy thru post or in electronic format.
- Electronic format: The essays can be either sent by email to [email protected] or upload thru registration form with the subject line ‘Essay competition-2020’. The document must be in both ‘.docx’ and ‘pdf’ format (2files).
- The essay document must begin with the participant’s name and contact details followed with the topic as the headline.
- The ﬁles must be named as ‘participant’s name_topic name’
- Electronic format of the essay mush be in Unicode font (Tunga) or either in Nudi or Baraha Kannada fonts.
- Essay should be typed on an A4 size electronic page, font size shall be 12 points, 1.5 interlinear space, margins of 2.54 cm on top, bottom and both sides.
- The Hard copy can be sent to below address:
Public Relations Department (CPRD)
ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna Temple
Hare Krishna Hill, West of Chord Road,
Rajajinagar, Bengaluru – 560010
- Use A4 Size white sheets to write (in blue or black ink) double line spaced and numbered pages.
- Mention your name, contact number, address, college, the course details and the topic at the beginning of the essay. The envelope should also contain your name and address details at the back.
Scoring of the essay:
The panel of judges will assess the essay based on the following criteria:
- Introduction/Interpretation – 10%
- Structure and flow of ideas – 10%
- Language – 10%
- Creativity based on the book Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa – 40%
- Relevance – 10%
- Research – 10%
- Conclusion – 10%
Candidates should take their time and edit their completed papers before sending them. A small error or a tiny typo can keep them far from getting a prize.
- Competition: Essay writing in Kannada based on ‘Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa’
- Last date of submission: 10th January 2021
- Mode of submission: By email or upload (.docx + pdf format) or by post (A4 size)
To download the eCopy of Bhagavad-gita Yatha Roopa:
For further queries, please contact:
Phone: 080-23471956, 9379464312, 8123469518
Or write to us: [email protected]